In attendance: Brianne Go, Ashlei Thompson, Tammi Wright, Brigitte Todd, Melissa Stout, Sydney Andersen, Dana Ulibarri, Kelly Noorda, Mr. Dubois
Brigitte read last month’s meeting minutes and Kelly voted to approve.
Boosterthon starts on 9/25.
- We are looking for sponsors for shirts (Heather Desmond has all the local business contact info)
- If we don’t get sponsors, HOPE can pay for them or we can ask parents to pay for them. Shirts are $4 each
Book Fair during student led conferences – Jesica Mickelsen is the coordinator.
- Sent an email out last week for volunteers.
- No grand event. Moved to March.
- Schedule for Book Fair – Student/Teacher preview – Monday/Tuesday Wed-Thurs – at night.
Fundraising – Where does the money go?
- Ryan says we are gunning for a new computer lab.
- We got new computers last year but not enough.
Admin Report –
Required by law to do training for parents.
We are a Target 1 Targeted Assistance School – school targets which school needs assistance. It can be used for professional development for teachers or help for students.
- We us it for reading pullout help for students.
Students are benchmarked 3 times a year. If they are reading below level we take students out of class and give them extra help.
- Provide equitable learning environment for all children
- Enforce school policies/rules
- Encourage staff to provide avenues for positive and meaningful parent involvement
- Encourage staff to provide parents with information.
Teacher Report –
Wednesday HOPE is providing lunch for the teachers and Thursday is an early day out.
BoxTop Challenge in October
- Goal is 12,000 by end of October. We need to get the word out.
- Full dress down if we hit goal
- We’re currently at 3,300.
Peer leaders reorganized the closet and HOPE shed.
Meeting adjourned at 9:20am